Responsible investment is now the foundation of good investment practice, and leaders in the field are working hard to demonstrate to their clients and customers how they are doing more than avoiding harm, and are contributing to a more sustainable society and environment.
As the Responsible Investment Association Australasia celebrates its 20th anniversary,
RI Australia 2020 will bring together the industry to reflect on the progress made in responsible investing, shine a light on the pioneers and leaders in the space, and focus in on the pathways and opportunities for driving stronger financial and impact performance into the future.
RI Australia 2020 is the region's largest responsible investing conference bringing together responsible, ethical and impact investors to gain new insights, network and hear from organisations and individuals pushing the boundaries of responsible investment practice with impressive results.
The topics that will be covered in this year's Responsible Investment Australia conference include:
High level presenters setting the opportunity and challenge ahead for the next 20 years:
- 20 years of lessons learnt, what now for the critical 20 years ahead for RI and sustainable finance?
- In depth exploration of the urgent challenges ahead by experts across key Sustainable Development Goals for Australia
- Political insights into the role of finance in Australia's coming decade
- Investing for 1.5 degrees – benchmarking our progress
Deep dive sessions will unpack how we work to respond to these challenges through strong RI and sustainable finance practices:
- The role of RI in human rights – presented by RIAA's Human Rights Working Group
- How we measure our progress – the art and science of measuring our impact – presented by RIAA's Impact Management and Measurement Community of Practice
- How do we embed ESG issues such as culture into our performance targets including remuneration – presented by RIAA's Corporate Engagement Working Group
- The investment case for managing animal welfare
- Strong workforce, strong investment - lessons from the Workforce Disclosure Initiative and how these can relate to Modern Slavery Act
- RI for indigenous Australia
- Climate change litigation by and towards finance – what's on the global horizon?
- How do we consider benchmarks in an age of RI and passive investing?
- Shifting from ESG to impact in our real assets
- RI for our region – supporting the SDGs beyond our borders
- Alternative ownership models aligned with long term investment
- Sorting the washing – green wash, standards and the role of Certification
- Leaning into leadership – stepping up as individuals to drive change
A Financial Adviser Stream will run a series of sessions for advisers and wealth managers:
- Advice in a new world of FASEA – ensuring your advice meets the requirements of the Code.
- From avoiding harm to creating impact in a client portfolio – sharing approaches by leading advisers
- Why do RI Advisers keep topping the best adviser lists? What makes good RI advice and wealth management
- The best way to know your client – how to have the conversation with your client on ethical and responsible investment
Conference dinner - In addition, RIAA will hold our 20th Celebration Conference Dinner, to include the RIAA Awards, as well as the ESG Research Australia awards.
Masterclasses: Additional Masterclasses will run alongside the RI Australia conference:
- Gender Lens investing masterclass with Joy Anderson of Criterion Institute
- RI Certification masterclass – what standards do you need to evidence your leading RI practices
- RI Product insights – a rapid fire product market place of Certified investment offerings